What will I need to start?
1. Be certified as a PADI Dive master or hold a leadership level certification with another recreational diver training organization.
2. Be at least 18 years old.
3. Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past12 months. A licensed physician must sign the form and state that the candidate is fit for diving. The physician signing the form may not be the applicant.
4. Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives (as documented in the individual’s log book) and have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
5. Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
6. Submit documentation of any equivalent certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization. (PADI Members who have these records on file at PADI do not need to resubmit.)
7. Effective March 2009, all new PADI Instructors will need to be current Emergency First Response Instructors or hold another current first aid and CPR instructor credential.
8. If not a PADI Dive master, successfully complete the PADI Dive master course diver rescue skills assessment.